As Employment Lawyers, we promote a pragmatic approach to employment law – one that considers not only legal factors, but also practical and relationship implications, as well as your strategic business objectives.
The Employment team is headed by experienced specialist Lucia Vincent and includes practitioner Tineke Jannink.
We have particular expertise in change and restructuring processes, including negotiating employment agreements and employment-related litigation.
Examples of Webb Farry’s work with clients
- Acting for the Aotea Electric Group of Companies in relation to the re-negotiation and re-documentation of all employment agreements, as well as advising on their employment structures and assisting with disciplinary matters and performance issues
- Providing Dunedin’s largest Primary Health Organisation with advice in relation to its amalgamation with the Southern Primary Health Organisation
- Advising a significant South Island business on performance management issues, restructuring and injunctive proceedings to ensure compliance with restraint of trade provisions
- Acting for Queenstown Medical Centre in relation to all employment-related matters arising out of its joint venture with Southern Cross
- Representing Access Ability Limited throughout collective bargaining discussions, as well as providing advice and drafting tender documents for a Ministry of Health national contract
- Advising Wells Instrument and Electrical Services Limited on collective bargaining, employment agreements and disciplinary matters
- Assisting Hall Brothers Transport Limited with a review of their company requirements in relation to employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, policies and other human resources related documents. Also advised on managing health and safety investigations and prosecutions, work-related injuries and disciplinary matters
- Acting for the Roman Catholic Bishop of the Diocese of Dunedin with regard to reviewing employment requirements, drafting employment agreements and independent contractor agreements, providing tuition and guidance for managerial staff and presenting workshops on employers’ duties
"In often commercially-sensitive, confidential and distressing areas, our priority is achieving practical outcomes."