Corporate and Commercial Law
It is no coincidence that Webb Farry has some of Otago’s most successful businesses and entrepreneurs as its clients.
Our Corporate and Commercial team – headed by Partners David Ehlers, Megan Bartlett and Warren Moffat – is well known for its strength in commercial law and has particular expertise in development work and financing.
The team advises on the full range of corporate transactions and commercial issues: from joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, through to insolvency, debt restructuring, financing and securities.
Clients range from local small and medium businesses, through to large national corporates. Regardless of business size, our approach is the same: fully understand our client’s needs, so we can deliver precisely and add genuine value.
Examples of Webb Farry’s work with clients
- Acting for Queenstown Medical Centre in relation to a joint venture arrangement with Southern Cross, including the negotiation and preparation of significant partnership and asset transfer agreements
- Acting for the Aotea Electric Group of Companies with regard to consolidating its national structure (14 plus branches nationwide) and preparing the key company documentation for the group’s ongoing development
- Advising several local and regional Primary Health Organisations regarding the assignment and transfer of their assets and liabilities in the wake of a restructuring of government health funding
- Assisting an electrical line company with the negotiation of line contracts and the purchase of optical fibre assets
- Undertaking complex debt recovery work – including mortgagee sales – for a significant mortgage lender
- Advising a national childcare franchise in relation to leasing and franchising arrangements
"In an ever challenging business environment – where restructurings and rising compliance costs are commonplace – our team is clear-headed, pragmatic and focused on your commercial objectives."